Reed On...

Sunday, September 4, 2011

Our First Place...

Rexburg, ID - gotta love BYU-Idaho.

We are back :) School is starting on the 12th and the nerves are setting in for hmw overload. But no worries! I have my husband by side and we have decided that we are going to kick this semester in the butt!

Right now he is making me a cheesy,pepperoni-y roll-up; basically all that is good wrapped up in a soft taco shell! Can you say yum? Oh, I love being married - tomorrow will mark one month of our young wedded bliss, one month!! And we have had quite the month. We were on the road every weekend of August and the final weekend was no exception, we hit the road again to move into our first place!!

So here's how it went down, my sister Staci and I cleared out my bedroom and set All of my possessions down in our living room, as well as All of Taylor's; it is crazy how much stuff it seems like you have once it is in a big, tall pile. Then we got our little trailer and hooked it up to my dad's Exterra and my mom expertly maneuvered everything in such a way that it all miraculously fit! The next morning, the 28th, we left Boise behind - Tay and I in Sammy, Dad and Kyle in Haus - 4 hours later we were home...and the apartment was alot smaller than I remembered it...and a bit dirtier...and smellier...ugh. It was awful. And when Kyle saw the stair case he had to carry our bed up, he already had his mind made up - yup! Kelsey, you picked the worst place to live - and inwardly I agreed, outwardly I defended. Taylor stood strongly by my side defending too, up and down those 30 steps, we went around one corner and then another, heaving box after box until our pile was once again formed, in our tiny, little, awful home.

What a mess, I thought, what the heck had we gotten ourselves into?? It seemed like the walls were bleeding disease, it was gross...well I may be exaggerating...but not by much!

Anyway, Taylor and I already had in mind to paint the place and we had some paint on hand, so the next morning we just sort of dug in and 6 days later of painting, scrubbing, hanging,and using some gift cards...look what we made! 



The living room - I swear it isn't as lime green as it appears, it is just the flash of the camera



Still have some things to iron out with the couch ;) but it looks better with the cover than without!


The boxes are gone now - they were our last two



In both of these pictures the shelves are waiting for some wedding pictures :)







I drew Tay that picture for his birthday!




Oh Albert, how wise you are.

So there is a quick peek into our little, tiny, wonderful home.
I am so glad it is finally finished and comfortable.

We enjoyed taking it on together and I will never forget how our first place began to build us.

Home sweet home,
Tay&Kels

No comments:

Post a Comment