Reed On...

Sunday, October 30, 2011

Happy Halloween...

SO Taylor and I love Halloween, I mean what isn't to love about candy and pumpkins and ghosts?
Taylor loves it more than me, though, because October is his birthday month - my husband is turning 23 TODAY!!!
Happy Birthday Baby :)
Though our apartment is small we found a couple of empty spaces to decorate...





Taylor decortated this corner: he was so excited!


Especially about making this spider look like it was dangling.



I decided to use old milk jugs to make ghosts instead of carving pumpkins, because pumpkins get all moldy and gross after sitting for too long.


Our "Holey" Ghost


This was Taylor's idea - so cute!


In refernce to last weeks "Moment of The Week" I made this sign with one of  the left over chalk boards from our wedding.


Speaking of weddings, here are some of our wedding pictures:

The following pictures were taken by  Mrs. Christy Marie.  She is a fabulous photographer and was so much fun to work with!

























The Whole Family





My new bro - Makade, love this guy!



The Branz - They are such an adorable family, I am so glad I am related to them now! 





New sisters - Janell and Kaylyn, they are so goregeous!


and so are they!














Our day was perfect, as you can see: beautiful weather, family, friends and of course, my husband.

We started our life together with a little getaway
The Honeymoon:

We went to Island park for a whole week and it is just what we needed!
On day 1 we...slept...literally.
We also watched movies, ate great food, and showered...a lot. It was August but, it was really cold and the cabin wouldn't warm up so we just kept jumping into the only warmth the cabin provided - hot water! 
Day 2:
We had our first FHE! And it was so...perfect. We read our patriarchal blessings to one another and it was one of the most spiritual experiences I have ever had, next to being sealed to Taylor, so it was a pretty spiritual weekend all around. Then Tay gave me a present - even though we said we weren't going to get bride/groom gifts.
A new scripture quad with my name stamped on it, I cried, incase you were wondering.  Since I stuck to our pact and didn't get Taylor a gift I tossed him in the downstairs bedroom with Star Wars while I made something special for him on the balcony upstairs:




We did the whole chocolate and strawberry thing and just sat in our new camping chairs and enjoyed the quiet.
The next night we were going to get all of the sleeping pads and and bags and blankets and try to sleep out out on the balcony, but as we were getting it set up we heard wolves not too far away, start SCREAMING. It was proabably just a small pack, but it sounded like 50 wolves just killing an killing.  It is by far the creepiest sound I have Ever heard! It even freaked Taylor out a bit because it lasted about 10 minutes, which may not seem that long, oh - it was.

On day 4, Wednesday, my cousins Jason and Jake brought up our 4-wheeler and Taylor and I spent most of the day on that. I have been riding around our area of Island Park for a long time and I was so excited to show him around. We drove over to Big Springs in the late evening and hiked around that area, it was beautiful. Then on our way back we stopped when we came to a sand pit and Tay drove the 4-wheeler over jumps (I was not on) and did cookies for a while.
Alright, now it is time for The Funny HM Story:
Cabin Lock Out...
On the morning that my cousins brought the 4-wheeler, they came at like 7:45, they were on their way to Montana - anyway, we woke up about 2 minutes before they came and were rushing to look presentable ( ;) )
and just as we finished, they pulled into the driveway, so we went out to greet them. We hadn't been out of the cabin much since we got there and I had forgotten that the door knobs that lead out side will turn and open even though they are locked. Bad News.
We opened the door and stepped out onto the porch and Taylor pulled the door closed behind us. We didn't know yet what had happened. We talked to Jake and Jason and got the 4-wheeler ready and then they took off. We sat on the porch swing for a moment and talked about where we should go, the birds were chirping and the smell of the pines enveloped us, we could hear that soft breeze blowing over the tops of the trees...then we tried the door.
Yep.
It was locked.
Suddenly we could hear nothing and all we could smell was one another's fear! Because, well, I am a stickler about locking doors and we already knew that they were ALL locked, so we really had no hope.
Even so we marched around the cabin and of course, weren't surprised to find all the doors and windows locked. We stopped pulling on windows when we were on the farside (important) and just looked to see if the lock was up. Finally we had no choice but to get on the 4-wheeler and drive to the nearest gas station to use a phone. We had left ours in the cabin, along with our coats and helmets ( I am also a stickler about helmets).
So it was a cold, unsafe drive to the Elk Creek where we had to call a lock smith to come down  from Yellowstone to break us back into our cabin.
Ugh.
(I will say it took the guy Hours to break in, for my dad's sake)
Eventually, we were back in the cabin and we continued on with our HM.
On the last day - Sunday - we cleaned and vacuumed and straightened up and I went around and made sure everything was locked - even though I knew it was (see stickler)
and I went into the sun room, which is on the farside of the cabin where we had just looked at the locks on the windows, which were all up. I began tugging on them and one of them was UNLOCKED!!!
well the lock was up, it should have been locked - but the lock never took.  I was so surprised and then I started crying because the lock smith did not give us a HM discount, no we payed full price.
So what did we learn? What advice will we pass on to future honeymooners?
Check EVERY door and window, pull, tug, beat it up before you call the lock smith.
Also, don't cook bacon naked.


Just kidding.


But if that is really somthing you are thinking of attempting, consider the popping grease.


Have a wonderful Sunday - Happy Halloween - Happy Birthday Taylor!

Kels

p.s.

Did I mention I cut my hair?



2 comments:

  1. that is definitely a kelsey face :) CUTE CUTE HAIR MISSY - loved to hear the stories and mishaps they are what build foundations and make wonderful memories. love mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the Halloween pics, the wedding pics, the honeymoon pics and most of all the new hair cut! very cute! thanks for the fun stories!

    ReplyDelete