Reed On...

Sunday, October 16, 2011

To Great Escapes...

Is it really already the middle of October? Two more weeks and we will be done with half of the semester! As Joey (not from Friends) would say, Whoa.

So to start out, it has been requested that I post a picture of our kitchen floor:


I still get chills when I look at it :)

Awww...Glorious! AND we are getting new carpet on the 17th -- I will be sure to post pictures for that as well. Last night our nieghbor came over to talk to us about our lousy internet, which is Seriously lousy, and I mentioned that I would mention how lousy it was to Keith (remember the good guy from our last story?) when he is here on Monday. Jace asked us what he was coming over for and when I told him that we were getting new carpet, he kind of paused at looked at us wide-eyed and then said, "Whoa." Seems to be a common phrase lately.  Apparently we are getting more than they ever even thought to ask for, but that isn't our fault! We thought to ask, as the carpet has a serious malfunction: it turns our feet black.  Bleck.

So, as always it seems, I have a few stories to share.
THE GREAT CABIN ESCAPE!

We ventured to our family cabin almost a month ago now, we set out on a friday night with Rachel, Ben, Josh, and Katie.  We had Papa Murphy's for dinner, which Taylor recently discovered is Deeelicious.  We had so much fun! We played games, ate Awesome food, watched movies, and built a fire pit.


Katie intoduced us to some "Moose" game, hence Tay's pose. It was basically Awesome. 


Josh won, he got to crown his moose!


The next day we got to building a firepit to make tinfoil lunches.  The only shovel at the cabin was this snow shovel, so we tried with that for a while. Josh heard some construction going on a ways behind us and trecked through the woods to see if he could borrow a spade. He could.


And here it is! I am so proud! We had the best time trying to find stones big enough to go around it.


This tree fell sometime over the summer and was really in our way so Taylor and Josh chopped away what was left of it.


Taylor reading the paper. Josh is upset cause he thinks my hubby is a slacker ;)
He isn't.


Boys scouts at their best.


Benjamin James Allen.


The trio of MEN. "We have made FIRE!!!"
Don't let them tell you there weren't matches involved.


Our lunch


Taylor's greasy hands.


Josh's cool shirt.


We wrapped 'em


Roasted 'em


Rachel snarled at 'em


(For Dad)


Then -- Badabing badaboom, Deeelicious! And perfect. Taylor was nervous about the tinfoil lunches at first, apparently boy scouts aren't the best cooks.  But he was surprised to find how good it can be when done right!...So was I :)





Heading home. It was a very quick weekend and we all wish it could have been longer. But, alas, weekends always end.  We had a blast. It was so great to get to know Katie and Josh as a married couple and to get to know Rachel's boyfriend Ben better.

My favorite story from the weekend: Taylor and I were chasing eachother around the cabin on the day we left, teasing eachother, tickling. I ran upstairs like I was upset and locked our bedroom door and then I heard Taylor run up the stairs and lots of laughing.  Taylor knocked lightly on our door and said, "Kels, let me in, you won't be angry if you just open the door. I promise you won't regret it!"
Of course I gave in.
When I opened the door there was Taylor leaning against the wall in some sort of macho man pose, trying to be all sexy and to-die-for.
With his shirt off and thrown against the wall.
He succeeded
Bahahaha! Needless to say I didn't lock the door again until he was inside the room with me.

Story #2

THE GREAT BOISE ESCAPE!
I sure do love escaping from Rexburg from time to time.

It started with a four hour trip, Rach and Ben drove. Which means we got to cuddle up in the back seat!


We spent most of the trip reading Calvin and Hobbes :)


Umm...yeah.


Comfy!


Our FAVORITE strip from the trip


And for some reason Taylor traveled most of the way with only one sock...
We were heading to Boise to take family pictures as we just recently added a new member to it -
TAYLOR!
Ben was also able to be in a few too!

The Parents
The Kids
The Girls
 The Boys
 Kyle and Staci Kunde
 Kelsey and Taylor Reed
 Rachel Kunde and Ben Allen
 My favorites of Taylor's


I love my family, we have such a great time together and I miss them often. But, Taylor always knows how to cheer me right up!

Story #3

2 1/2 Kundes and 11/2 Reeds

So. Some where in food planning for the cabin (i.e.The Great Cabin Escape) there was a bit of a miscommunication and Taylor and I only had one meal to provide for while everyone else had two. So to make up for that we had spaghetti nights: I don't have pictures from when we had Ben and Rach over, but it was great! We played the Celestial Marriage Game (We won) and just chatted.

We had Josh and Katie over last Friday and we played Jenga and decided to randomly, at 8:30, go out and play Laser Tag, which is conveniently located right below our apartment...no biggie ;)

 Does this picture remind you of Chandler from Friends? The One Where Chandler Can't Smile.
 My Baby

 Bahaha! Katie's  knocked down Josh's tower.
We got it to, like, 35 levels high.
Taylor knocked it down right after and lost (I love you Taylor)!
There was a video...but, I don't know where it is...Trust me though when I say It. Was. Awesome.

That's All Folks! But, not really...I have plenty more stories and pictures to share as I am basically splitting this post into two parts: I promise next time to post All of our favorite wedding pictures and comment on our honeymoon, finally! :)

"Bye...Good-bye...isn't that a clever way to end it Kels?" (Tay's last words),
Tay&Kels



  


1 comment:

  1. I love the new pictures! Your kitchen floor looks great! I can't wait to see your new carpet! Sounds like you guys are having lots of fun! Hopefully we will live close again some day so we can make more memories together more often!

    ReplyDelete